Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day Ten - October 17th, 2014

Today October 17th ,We are going to a museum for the day!

This is a science museum that has a HUGE campus. I hope to learn a lot today. Right now we are heading to a small cafe down the street to get a BIG breakfast before a long day of walking around. Ashlyn of course had the most with French toast, eggs, bacon, sausage and much more I can't even explain. The rest of us ate quite a bit too.

After breakfast I drove to the museum. It was SO big. Plus there were so many items there!  25 million objects to be exact!! There were things from Dinosaurs, to plants, to mammals. All of the objects at the museum answered questions about earth.

There were all of these cool sights like the Dinosaur exhibit which was Miranda's, Krista's, and Ashlyn's favorite. There were Dinosaur bones, teeth and so much more. There was a HUGE structure of one too. The cool part of the Museum was that you go to learn so many facts while being able to have fun. My first thoughts were iffy about coming but it is so worth it!

 Meghan and I really enjoyed the Bio-Luminescence creatures. This was a new exhibit this year. It was a huge exhibit where there were THOUSANDS of creatures that glow, flash, and blink. It was like looking into a starry night. It lit up the room like nothing else. My favorite part personally was looking up and seeing the glow worms dangling from above. I was afraid one was going to fall on me!

Just as those thoughts came to mind I heard a scream from Ashlyn. As I looked over there was a glowing worm on her head! We all laughed so loud and everyone in the exhibit did too!

We decided after this incident it would be a good idea to head back to the hotel and go to the pool for a few hours, then get ready and head to town. It is our second to last day in Fiji and tomorrow we will not have time to go shopping so tonight is the last time!

The pool felt a lot colder than normal, so we did not stay long. We all hopped in the shower one after another and started to get ready! I already have my night in town outfit planned. I want to wear my shorts with my long sleeve sweater due to it being a bit chilly!

While in town there was a stand to get Henna Tattoos so of course we all ran there first! Meghan, Krista, and Ashlyn all got Dolphins and Miranda and I got Starfish! Hopefully they dont wear off to quickly because it is a great way to remember Fiji! Most of us spent the rest of our shopping money on great new things to bring home! I am pretty sure we are going to have to buy another suitcase after tonight.

Now, we are back at the hotel. We all decided to go to bed early because tomorrow was going to be a long busy day!

Goodnight!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment